Life changes by the minute, and in just ten minutes a funicular can easily transport you from Interlaken Ost station to incredible views Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau as well as Lakes Brienz and Thun. Ten minutes is all it takes to ascend over 1,300 metres to the Harder Kulm. See gorgeous scenery en-route as the funicular climbs through charming forests, and you’ll even pass by a wildlife park. Enjoy panoramic views from the “Two-Lakes-Bridge” viewing platform, offering a glass area in the floor allowing for some amazing sightseeing. Treat yourself to a bite to eat at the lovely restaurant, just a five minute walk from the station. If your travel plans include Interlaken, be sure to include a journey to Harder Kulm, spectacular views and lifelong memories await.
Experience the beauty of Harder Kulm with this great excursion
- Travel by funicular railway up to Harder Kulm in only 10 minutes and then a short scenic stroll to the Harder Kulm
- Two Lakes Bridge viewing platform and panorama restaurant offers beautiful views of Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau mountains
- Issued as a paper document
- Hiking and theme trails from the Harder Kulm
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel PassLive folk music, every Saturday from May to October from 4pm
- Includes round-trip travel from Interlaken to Harder Kulm by funicular.
- Two Lakes Bridge viewing platform and panorama restaurant with spacious terrace offers a beautiful view of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains and of Lake Thun and Lake Brienz.
- Hiking and theme trails from the Harder Kulm.
- Live folk music, every Saturday from 28 May to 22 October 2016 from 4pm.
- Discounted fares are valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Operates daily from 14 April.
- Harder funicular railway departs every 30 minutes from approximately 09:10 am to 08:55 pm. Last descent from Harder Kulm 21:40. Restaurant Harder Kulm open daily from 9:30 am to 09:30 pm. Schedules are subject to change.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
Read all ]
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. What should accompany the train ticket or rail pass I'm sending back for a refund?
A. When you submit your train ticket or rail pass to our customer relations department for a refund, be sure to include a brief letter along with any other supporting documentation, such as letters from local train operators, replacement tickets (if any), etc.
If you are making a claim through our Rail Protection Plan™, please download and fill out the Rail Protection Plan traveller’s Request Form and send, along with the appropriate documents.
We recommend that you send all documents by traceable mail for proof of delivery.
Q. Are there luggage handling services at the station for groups?
A. Yes, luggage handling is offered at select train stations in Europe. Please contact our group department for more details.
Q. I’ve written the wrong date on my rail pass travel calendar box. What should I do?
A. If the wrong date is written in the travel calendar box, you will need to enter the correct date in the next travel calendar box. Unfortunately, once the date has been entered in the travel calendar box, it cannot be corrected and there’s no way to recover that travel day on the rail pass. Be very careful when filling out the date on your rail pass as mistakes cannot be corrected. An altered travel date could be viewed as an attempt of fraud and could lead to fines or other penalties.
Q. What information does Rail Europe retain from my Facebook account?
Q. Can I purchase seat reservations from Rail Europe once I’m already traveling in Europe?
A. Yes, but only when an e-ticket is offered for the train you want to take. If only a paper train ticket is offered, you’ll need (and want) to purchase your reservation(s) locally at the train station to avoid international shipping fees and delivery times.
Q. Are there smoking and non smoking sections on trains?
A. Smoking is not permitted on any trains in Great Britain, Denmark, Ireland, Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg), France, Hungary, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden, or Poland.
Smoking is restricted on trains in Finland and the Czech Republic.
Smoking is also prohibited in lavatories and dining cars. And you must observe special regulations at stations where you usually find dedicated smoking areas or rooms.
Q. How do I use the bonuses that come with rail passes?
A. Rail Pass travel bonuses must be redeemed locally.
There are two types of bonuses. Free bonuses (such as a free airport transfer) require the use of a travel day on your pass. If all travel days have been used on your rail pass you will not be able to take advantage of any more free bonuses. Discount bonuses do not require you to use a travel day, but do require that your pass still be within its validity period. In other words, even if you’ve used up all your days on a pass, you can still claim discounted bonuses as long as the pass validity period has not expired.
The exception to this rule is the Swiss Travel Pass. Although a discounted bonus doesn’t require you to use a travel day on your Swiss Travel Pass, the pass must still be valid and you must not have used up all your travel days.
Q. Does taking an overnight train mean using 2 travel days on my rail pass?
A. If you travel on a direct overnight train departing after 7:00pm and arriving after 4:00am, it’s only necessary to enter the date of arrival in the travel calendar, thereby using only one travel day. If you travel on an overnight train that departs after 7:00pm but has a change of trains or arrives before 4:00am, you will be required to enter both the date of departure and arrival in the travel calendar, using two travel days of your rail pass.
Q. What is the Rail Protection Plan™?
A. We offer an exclusive Rail Protection Plan™ that gives you the flexibility to change your train ticket, rail pass, reservation, and select activities with no questions asked. You’ll also be protected in the event of a railroad strike for train tickets, and in the case of loss or theft of paper tickets, rail passes, city passes or tours.
The Rail Protection Plan™ may be added to your booking on the delivery page after adding the products to your itinerary or any time prior to final payment being applied to your booking. (Select city passes and tours are excluded from coverage). The Rail Protection Plan™ fee is non-refundable and non-exchangeable. View the detailed terms and conditions of the Rail Protection Plan™ coverage.
Q. What should I do if a strike has been announced in the country I’m traveling to?
A. Typically, a strike only affects a few trains along certain routes. If a strike is called within a country, you may continue your travels if there are train services operating. If your train is affected by a strike, railway officials typically provide accommodations for either alternate train, or in some cases, bus transportation.
If a train is canceled by the railroads due to a strike, and alternate transportation has not been offered or if you decline the alternate transportation, then a railway official at the origin station must cancel your seat and they must stamp the back of your ticket/reservation “Not Used Due to strike” before the original train departure time. Our partners at the European Railroads will not allow us to process a refund unless this step has been taken.
This process will allow you to submit that train ticket/reservation for a refund. Please be sure that all refund requests are received by our Customer Relations department within 30-days of the train departure date.